Thank you for being an important part of the development of the Urban Institute for Contemporary Arts!
From August to November 2011, we opened phase one of our remarkable new facility, launched new docent and family programs, introduced our outstanding retail shop of artist-made goods, completed four ArtWorks community projects, presented the work of more than 100 artists, and hosted 155,000 visitors.
The return on these investments has been tremendous. UICA’s role is being acknowledged all over the country—with awards including the nation’s highest honor for out-of-school arts and humanities programs.
We achieve so much because we work in collaboration, we love to innovate, and we are supported by people like you. Your tax-deductible gift to UICA will be wisely invested to make an indelible imprint on our region—our increasingly vibrant, creative, inclusive, and open region. Thank you for nurturing this vision.
UICA’s Artworks Program Honored at the White House
Chosen from a pool of more than 471 nominations, UICA’s ArtWorks program was the only program in the Midwest to receive the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award. This prestigious award is the nation’s highest honor for out-of-school arts and humanities programs, recognizing the outstanding programs that lay new pathways to creativity, expression, and achievement outside of the regular school day.
View more about ArtWorks and the National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award
Thank you for your generous support of this essential work.
Every year, your gifts help UICA:
- Serve 7,500 youth
- Offer free job training to 100+ high school and college students
- Welcome 900+ artistic proposals from more than 40 countries
- Show 70+ foreign and independent films
- Present more than 30 dynamic exhibitions
- Deliver a wide array of family engagement, life-long learning and studio opportunities
- Partner in as many as 75 collaborative offerings, advancing the work of
community groups, schools, churches, and civic organizations
- Generate $2.5 million in economic activity and support 70 regional jobs